NeuroCalm™ is designed to promote the activity of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and serotonin, which may help support healthy moods, cravings, and feelings of calm, satiety, and satisfaction.* NeuroCalm™ contains PharmaGABA®, a form of GABA naturally manufactured through a fermentation process, which is considered more effective than chemically produced synthetic forms. Support for the production of calming neurotransmitters is also provided by L-theanine and taurine.*
Recommended Use: Take 2 capsules per day or as directed by your health-care practitioner.
- Gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA) – GABA is the premiere calming neurotransmitter; it helps support a healthy response to emotional stress and may help calm anxious thoughts and intermittent overstimulation and excitation in the brain.
- L-Theanine, Taurine, Chamomile – Amino acids and flower extracts that may aid in bringing calm and relaxation. Chamomile has been shown to promote calmness without impairing memory or causing drowsiness.
- *5-HTP, Vitamins B6 & B12 – 5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin, commonly called a “feel good” neurotransmitter due to its role in promoting a positive mental outlook and a sense of wellbeing. Serotonin, in turn, is the precursor to melatonin, a hormone involved in regulating healthy circadian rhythm (the body’s 24 hour clock) and supporting restful sleep. Vitamins B6 and B12 are included as required cofactors for the biochemical reactions that convert 5-HTP to serotonin and produce other accessory neurotransmitters.
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) – An essential nutrient for brain health, PS helps to reduce the adverse effects of elevated cortisol, the “fight or flight” stress hormone. It also contributes to proper neuron membrane structure, which facilitates effective cell signaling and response to neurotransmitters and hormones.
- Magnesium, Inositol – These are natural calming agents that may help promote a state of relaxation. The mineral magnesium, one of the body’s most important minerals, is a natural muscle relaxer, which may benefit individuals who face periods of being physically tense from time to time.